Sunday, January 27, 2008

Re-Runs From Last Year

Originally written on March 18,2007

Today I decided to take advantage of some glorious March weather. I laced up my hiking boots, grabbed my GPS and camera, and drove up to the Hogbacks area just north of Elba. When all was said and done, I had hiked for 6 miles.



A nice small lake within the Hogbacks area.


Looking back along the trail.


A view from the top of a ridge.


It's much steeper than it looks... basically a root staircase.


Between the trees or over the roots... you decide.



Fall line runs seem to be the norm here.


The end of the line, unless you have a horse or waders.

Another fall line run. Once again, it's steeper than it looks.

A river runs through it.




Through the open and flat.



The trail next to the lake.

1 comment:

SingleTrackMinded said...

Nice pics Brad. Let's hope we can get mountain bikes in there. Looks like it would be a great place to ride.