Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A couple of nice rides

Over the past 2 days, I took advantage of some beautiful weather. A couple of advantages of nice sunny weather with little/no rain: great for outdoor activities such as riding, and NO LAWN MOWING. So, I was able to get a couple of very nice rides in.

Yesterday Brandy and I went for a ride around and just outside of town. This was the first time we have ridden together in about a month, and it was very nice. We came across a new sub they're putting in just outside of town. They seem to be leaving up as many of the mature trees as possible, a nice change from some of the developments where they clearcut everything.
All told, we got in about 10 miles of easy riding.

This evening I hit up Stony Creek after work. I can hardly believe that this is the first time I've ridden at Stony since the Marathon race at the end of June. Pretty bad for what is basically my home trail!
My shoulder was feeling a lot better than on Sunday; I was able to do the logpiles without a little twinge of pain accompanying each one. My ride went uneventful, with no crashing and good line choice for the most part. One of the things I need to work on is carrying speed through corners.
I did 3 laps through the roller coaster, went through the Pines twice, and did somewhere around a dozen miles of double-track. All told, I'd estimate that I did a bit over 20 miles (bleeping computer is MIA).

Well, tomorrow promises to be another good day. I'm hooking up with the Wednesday Stony group ride, and my friend and his wife will be there. This will be my friend's wife's 2nd time ever riding the trails, and hopefully the maiden voyage of her new Trek.


Till then, here's a bit of bike pron. A 1994 entry level GT, which was my bike back in college. Gearing of 32:16 with a one season old chain worked out to be the magic ratio. The GT will be getting some lovin' tomorrow at Stony.

No comments: